Friday, January 2, 2009

My First Post

For several years, like many Indian girls, I have kept a journal of my thoughts. I never showed them to anybody, however. Instead, I believed that one day, my own ideas would develop to the point where I would not feel embarassed about sharing them with the world. When that day came, I thought, I would publish my thoughts in a real printed book.

And yet, as time passed, I slowly realised that such a day would never come. Even philosophers, in their old age, look back on their earlier work with at least a small amount of embarassment. Likewise, I saw that my ideas thoughts will always change and evolve, and that I will always look back at my earlier thoughts with at least a small amount of embarassment as well.

And so, as the new year came, I decided to start this blog. I make no pretensions about it. It is simply the thoughts of a young girl in India, living in a confusing world, trying to make sense of it all.

I hope you will join me on this journey. For, I believe that everyone has a story to tell, and everyone has ideas that are worth sharing.